NEURISA Lightning Talks
New Haven, CT - July 10th, 2013
We had a successful NEURISA Lightning Talks
session on July 10, 2013 in New Haven, CT. Presentations were limited to 20 slides which auto-advance every 15 seconds, which encouraged presenters to stay on topic and on their toes! Attendees enjoyed a famous Wooster Street pizza lunch courtesy of New England Geosystems.
Presentations: Attendees enjoyed the following presentations
Sponsors: NEURISA would like to thank New England Geosystems (www.ne-geo.com) for sponsoring lunch. Thanks to ESRI (www.esri.com) for providing some awesome door prizes (2 licenses of ArcGIS Home Edition). We would also like to thank the Regional Water Authority (CT) for providing a space for this event.
- Google Maps can be useful! - Thad Dymkowski
- Your Neighbors to the East: GIS in Rhode Island - Shane White
- What's in an MBL? - Jason Courter
- Pictometry: User Experiences - Corey Lanctot
- Creating Python Add-Ins Fast - Rich Gallacher
- Using GIS for a Solar Suitability Analysis - Brian Stice
- How to keep coworkers happy using GIS - Sarah A. DeMezzo
- Under the Hood of a Google Maps/Php/MySQL/Application - John Harmon
- Using Native Extensions in Adobe Air - Aaron Nash
- Simple is the new Complex - Matt Deal
- Parcel Mapping using Old Land Survey: Back to the Basics - Michael Billings
- Connecticut Sanborn Map Resource - Abraham Parrish
- Map Making by Committee - Arroll Borden
We would also like to thank our Corporate Sponsors (AppGeo - BSC Group - CAI - Cartegraph - CDM Smith - DGT Survey Group - Sanborn - Tighe & Bond - VHB).